We are always excited to work with patrons to the school to realize important projects. Here are just a few in which we have made progress, thanks to the generosity of our donors:
- A dramatic increase in funding available for our Centennial Award (now up to $10,000 per year) to support a graduate student’s project in sculpture and other 3 Dimensional Media.
- The Patricia Carr Morgan and Peter F. Salomon Faculty Professional Development Endowment has been establish to assist faculty with travel and support for other expenses related to outreach and professional development.
- Renovations to our photo facility, involving a re-configuration of darkroom space to better support current needs of the program.
- New projection and classroom technology in our Illustration + Design classrooms (coming soon!).
- New signage on Speedway for our Gross and Rombach Galleries (coming soon).
In addition, there are always new needs in the school, and our donors provide support for projects that wouldn’t otherwise be possible. Here are several we are in the process of fundraising for:
- Support for student scholarships, travel and project grants. Our students are at the core of everything we do. Direct financial support provides them with a wealth of opportunities and experiences they otherwise couldn’t afford.
- A digital fabrication lab. We have outstanding facilities for working with wood and metal, but one area where we are deficient is digital fabrication. We are looking to build a new lab to allow students to explore the exciting possibilities presented by these new technologies.