COVID Resources and Contact
This page serves as a frequently asked questions (FAQ) and resources to provide up-to-date information regarding the COVID-19 outbreak and how the School of Art is responding. These guidelines are for Fall 2020. Visit the University of Arizona’s Coronavirus Information website for the most up-to-date information from the University. In light of the current situation with COVID-19, the School of Art is following University recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect you and our community.
- All School of Art buildings and facilities are closed until August 24th. Please see below for links to to reserve studio time or set up an appointment with staff.
- We have suspended all tours of School of Art buildings and facilities. We will resume tours as soon as we are able.
- School of Art staff are actively checking emails sent to email@example.com answering phone calls at 520-621-7570 Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. MST (Arizona does not observe Daylight Savings Time).
- The Administration Office, Business Office, Gallery, and Visual Resource Center are closed to the public. See below for contact information to get help, information, or arrange for an appointment.
- All student advising will be done remotely. Contact our Advising office to make an appointment.
- Gallery Exhibitions will be held virtually.
- All studio spaces and facilities, including the Digital Print Studio, Sculpture, Print Studios, Book & Letterpress Lab and Photography Labs, are available to students by reservation only. Please see below for links to to reserve studio time or set up an appointment.
We appreciate your understanding and flexibility during these extenuating circumstances. If you need assistance, please see the below list of staff, contact us and we will be happy to help you.
The School of Art is able to offer limited studio time for undergraduate students in need of space to create their work. We have implemented an online calendar system for students to reserve time in studio classrooms. Students are expected to adhere to University of Arizona physical distancing guidelines, to wear a mask at all times while in any University buildings (including School of Art facilities), and to not accompany any other student in their studio reservation. Any misconduct will result in removal of studio access. Questions can be directed to School of Art staff.
OSCR Lab ART 103 – is open M-Th from 8-5pm. For more information please visit https://oscr.arizona.edu/content/art-103-lab
The FYE Lobby is available for use, as long as physical distancing practices are observed. Students are asked not to rearrange furniture.
Photo | Video | Imaging
School of Art staff are actively checking emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org answering phone calls at 520-621-7570 Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. MST (Arizona does not observe Daylight Savings Time).
Colin Blakely, Professor, Director, School of Art
Maria Sanchez, Assistant to the Director
Karen Zimmermann, Assistant Director
Ginette Gonzalez, Administrative Associate
Wilma Pinedo, Program Coordinator
- All Advising questions
- Assistance with independent studies, internships
James Graham, Academic Advisor (Freshmen and Sophomores)
Ashley Rubin, Academic Advisor (Juniors and Seniors)
Megan Bartel, Gradaute Program Coordinator
Brooke Grucella, Curator, Gallery
Carrie Scharf, Program Coordinator
- Building/facilities questions
Michelle Stone-Eklund, Business Manager, Sr.
Visual Resource Center
Kimberly Mast, Director, Visual Resource Center
Eric Norman, Studio-3D Technician
John Nofs, Coordinator, Photography Facilities
David Huber, Digital Print Studio Technician