Home › Resources & Facilities › Studios & Classrooms › Printmaking
The spacious printmaking facilities support work in Intaglio, Lithography, Relief, and a variety of alternative processes including photographic and digital processes, bookmaking, solar plates, polyester plates, polymer plates and monoprinting.
Printmakers use completely hazard-free cleaning methods, and less hazardous processing methods wherever possible.
- Takach Litho press, bed size 5′ x 2.5′
- Takach Litho press, bed size 5′ x 2.75′
- Litho press, bed size 3′ x 2′
- Large Ltitho Graining sink
- Numerous stones
Intaglio / Relief
- 2 Etching Presses
- Takach etching press, bed size 6′ x 3.25′ (intaglio and relief)
- Branch etching Press, bed size 4′ x 2.25′ (intaglio only)
- Zinc only Acid Bath 32″ x 27″
- Large spray aquatint booth as well as traditional rosin box
- Plate cutter 3′ blade
- Nuarc Flip Top Plate Maker, exposureglass 3.75′ x 3′
- Light Box 2.75′ x 3.25′
- Polymer Platemaker: Orbital X plate processor for water-wash plates up to 12″x 18″
- 3 Monotype Pin press rollers
Graduate Print Lab
In addition, a 1000 square foot space equipped with a large Takach litho press and Large Takach floor press is reserved exclusively for printmaking graduate student use.